Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Sound of Competition

We've had a hectic week, but some funny things have happened. Raychel was kind enough to take Lee and I to my 14 week doctor appointment. We heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. The doctor looked right at Lee and said, "That's the sound of competition!" Lee is certainly growing up and beginning to step into 2-year old shoes. He says 30-40 words, including "paper", "orange juice", "cheese", "baby", "garbage", "dishes", and "Thank You." Of course this is accompanied by more bumps and bruises--this week's model is a spectacular rug burn right on the tip of his nose. *Cody wouldn't let me take a picture because "We don't want to remember the injuries!"

It was good for us to take a short vacation to see Cody's parents and some friends this weekend. The best part for me was getting out of the house and away from the monotony of being a stay at home mother. We also got to see our nephew in the hospital, which was important to us. But now it's back to the grindstone. We will post soon with pictures, because that's the best part of blogs.

P.S. My morning sickness has virtually disappeared. It feels good to eat food again! Of course, in lieu of constant nausea, I get maternity clothes and stretching pains. :P

1 comment:

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

I'm glad to hear you're not feeling sick anymore. And, I want to see that scraped up nose. I did hear about it.