Thursday, April 3, 2008

Journal entry today

I've had an awful lot of things on my mind recently, so I thought I'd just ramble for a minute. I figured you'd all close the blog if it got too boring.

Our 20 week ultrasound, the non-April-Fool's one, is scheduled for April 17 at 5:00 pm. We will let you all know the gender of the baby then. If you would like to take a guess, you can go right ahead. You have 2 choices.

Lee is getting more hilarious by the day. Recently he's taken a new habit of calling for things. When he hides, we call out "Lee! Lee!" When he wants to show dad something, he walks around the house yelling "Da! Da!" And the best of all, is if he can't find his toy ball, he'll search for 15 minutes plus yelling "Ball! Ball!"

Lee's also having adventure time with climbing out of bed. We're keeping track at night. Monday was 47 times, Tuesday was 31, last night was 5. Tonight is already above 5, so we'll see how it goes.

In May I'm teaching both of our small enrichment groups--the parenting class and book review club. The parenting class will be on music (which I prepared for December, but only my sister in law showed up, so it will be a repeat). For the book review I'm doing a book called Learning to Live with the Love of your Life by Neil Clark Warren. It's been a very good book to read, and I've already read it a couple of times. It's about strengthening marriage through 10 "Secrets."
I would recommend it to any married couple. If you want to borrow my copy, it will be available in June.

Other things on my mind include new jobs, money (of course :P ), houses, pregnancy, toddlers, and just trying to find happiness in life. The last is definitely the most taxing. After all, if happiness was as easy to figure out as money or pregnancy, this life wouldn't mean much, now would it?

Just to mix things up a bit and make this post more fun, here's a picture of Lee the day he was born. Man, kids grow up fast.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

How did you hear about the Love book? It looks like a good one.

Lisa said...

I bought the book on amazon.com before Cody and I got married...I can't remember exactly how I heard of it. I just saw yesterday them selling for $5 online, and it's totally worth it.