Saturday, May 10, 2008

6 Deer!



Ok, so I stood up from the computer after finishing my last post, and looked out the window. There was a deer in our yard, so I had Lee jump up on the table and look. A minute later, another one came from behind the fence, then another, and another, then one showed up from the behind the garage, and last one came from the side yard. Six deer total, at 11:30 am! The camera was in the car, so I went to the garage to get it. Of course, this scared the deer, but they came back after lunch and we took another look and got some pictures. They were happily grazing on my fresh crop of dandelions, the grass, and some of the small tender leaves on the shorter trees. We saw deer in the yard during the winter, but only 1 or 2 at a time and in late evening. This was a surprise.

1 comment:

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

Wow, and you're right downtown. Just imagine what we'll have up on the mountainside!