Saturday, May 17, 2008

Reason #496 of why I hate Wal-Mart

As you all know, last year I planted daffodil and iris bulbs in my front and side yard. The daffodils have been blooming for a few weeks now, and today I went to inspect the iris. They've magically turned into lovely purple tulips! I am 90% sure that Wal-Mart sold us tulip bulbs, marked as iris bulbs. There's just one more reason why I hate that store and am reminding myself never to shop there, even for iris (aka tulip) bulbs. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I had a really good experience with Wal-Mart. Oh well, at least I like tulips and nobody's allergic.

2 comments:

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

I bought daffodills (at Menard's) and planted them last year, and I haven't seen a green shoot at all. So maybe you're ok after all.

Matthew said...

Only #496? I thought you were well over 500 at Christmas time... Sorry Lisa, the beast won't die.