Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pregnancy Update

31 weeks today, start of the 8th month, only July and August left! WebMD says the baby is 18 inches long and 3.5 pounds. That's just a little shy of my cutie nephew Axton's birth size. I guess that's probably about right, because Axton was born at 35 weeks, only 1 month further than I'm at right now. WebMD also says that I should have gained 21-27 pounds by now... thank goodness THAT's not true...

Annalisa is definitely getting bigger and stronger. I can tell she's a little cramped. I can also tell distinct personality differences already between Lee and her. In the womb, we called Lee "Screensaver baby" because he would slowly bounce off the walls of my belly, constantly. Anna has distinct sleeping and waking periods--she'll be still for several hours, then go crazy. She also has a tendency to sit on my right hip. You know that feeling when somebody sits on your lap and they get right on the bone? Yeah, and I can't get her to move either. bug.

One very exciting prospect is that I've had a few Braxton Hicks contractions, something that never happened with Lee. Maybe there's hope that I'll actually start labor on my own? nah...

1 comment:

The Real Life of M&E said...

It's crazy you are so close to having your beautiful baby girl!! You know she'll be beautiful so don't deny it! I'm excited to start spoiling her!!