Thursday, July 24, 2008

The rest of Pioneer Day adventures


After the mile walk this morning we came home and took naps and showered etc. This afternoon we went up to Lisa's parent's house and had girly-girls and manly-men time. We made a fabulous dutch oven feast. The only low point was Lee getting burned (we told him it was hot!). Cody loved talking with Dad F under the deck and the misters, drinking ice cold cabop (pop, in case you've forgotten). Lisa loved cooking up a storm in that fancy kitchen and chatting with her mom and sister. And to top it all off, the food was fantastic! We had 3 dutch ovens: #1 was pot roast, #2 was cheesy creamy potatoes, and #3 was peach crisp, thanks to Raychel and Paul. We also made a pan of sauteed vegetables, a big pot of baked beans, homemade ice cream to top the peach crisp, and a huge pitcher of lemonade. The green jell-o didn't set in time.

Now the day is over; night is drawing nigh. Tomorrow, if you can believe it, I've sullenly agreed to go camping to our family reunion. Wish me luck. I will for sure post when I get home, so if I haven't in a week, send a search party.

2 comments:

Sara said...

ah! I look possessed or something! yikes.

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

It was a fabulous meal, and a really great day.

I've been thinking about you all day on your camping trip. I hope you're sleeping well tonight.