Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Busy, but still pregnant

Hello all, sorry I've been gone for a few days. I know you're all anxiously waiting to find out if I've had the baby, and I haven't. I told you not to hold your breath and to take a break from checking for a while!

Pictures: 1) Lee with cousin Axton, playing in the "clubhouse." 2) Lisa painting baseboard in her 2-days-until-due-date stage. 3) Lisa's sister Sara dancing while caulking the bathroom.


We've been keeping busy, and it's been lots of fun, as well as helping the time to pass quickly. Since Friday evening, we haven't been home for more than a few hours at a time, except at night. Saturday and Monday were both project days at Mom and Dad F's house. We helped them hang doors, install light fixtures, paint baseboard, trim, and the clubhouse, install a cabinet, put in the vanity in the bathroom, and do all the caulking in the bathroom. It felt good for me in 2 ways--1) Lee was taken care of and given lots of attention the whole time and 2) I was actually able to help with things and feel productive. Since neither happen very easily for me right now, it was very good for me. Today I went up this morning and bottled tomatoes from my garden. We did 14 quarts this morning. Good thing--my garden is now stripped of red tomatoes, which is one less thing to worry about for a couple of weeks. I've also shampooed the carpet in the baby's room and living room. I still need to do the kitchen (I hate having a carpeted kitchen). But that will be the end of that big project. I even gave Cody a haircut this morning. So, we're just whittling away time and getting more and more things done as we wait for Annalisa to finally make her debut. My hope is to have lots of projects done so that I don't feel bad about delegating and putting things off for a few weeks to just bond with my daughter.
Now you're all up-to-date on our lives for the past weekend. We labored on Labor day, just not the way I wanted to. :)

1 comment:

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

How about canning peaches now? :)