Sunday, September 7, 2008

Several Random Thoughts today

Random thought #1: yesterday was our 1 year anniversary of this blog. We've been online for 1 year, congratulations to us!

Random thought #2: Cody and I both attended Utah State University. While the basketball team there is rockin' awesome, our football team leaves something to be desired. On the news last night they gave an update on our poor Aggies. The sportscaster said "Well, the Aggies got a nice pay day today up in Oregon...BUT, they also got a nice beating." I decided I should make a big sign that says "Will Lose for $$$" for the next home game.

Random thought #3: last night was our ward party! It was an ice cream social, and we had a great time. They had a dunk tank and, of course, they had to dunk the Elder's Quorum President. Bishop said that if Cody went, he would too, and true to form, Cody got soaked just before the Bishop did. At least it was never suggested that they dunk the Relief Society presidency. (although who knows, maybe I would have gone into labor?)

Random thought #4: isn't so random, I suppose. I'm still pregnant, yesiree. This is a picture of me this morning, 4 days past my due date. Mount Everest, I told you. 4 more days until my induction, and while I'm still not happy about it, I think I'm starting to accept it. Today is church and family dinner, tomorrow I'm bottling peaches with my mom, then Tuesday and Wednesday I don't have much planned. I should make sure the laundry is done, the house is clean, and the fridge is appropriately stocked. Then, I think I'll do a spa day here at the house (anyone care to join me?) on Wednesday. I need to make sure my fingernails, toenails, and eyebrows are ready--not to look cute, but just so that I don't have to mess with them for a while. Of course, knowing my luck, they probably won't let me in on Thursday anyway. If that happens, I very well might march in and demand an induction, then sit in the waiting room until they let me in.

So long for now--this is our last Sabbath without Annalisa!

5 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

I love your attitude Lisa! Itis awfully hard to go over but, it seems to me, you are doing all the right things, keeping busy, a little bit of fun and looking great.

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

I'm still rooting for Tuesday - 9/9/08!

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

I'll join your Mom in rooting for Tuesday....

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

oh and I love the sign idea!! Sad that it is so true!!

*kare* said...

Like your granny said. You are looking great! I know people say this all the time and now I finally get why pregnant people don't feel cute. My back hurts a lot already and I still have a month and a half! If you guys need anything let us know! And those peaches were addicting. I am craving them! Where did you get them again?