Thursday, September 25, 2008

Some goofy thoughts

As Lee is sitting in the kitchen eating his macaroni and cheese one...noodle...at...a....time.... I thought I'd take this quick opportunity to post some of my recent crazy thoughts.

Today as I was walking with my mom I tripped and fell. I had Annalisa in my Snuggli carrier on my front, and as I saw the ground coming closer, it was one of those weird slow-motion times and through my mind raced "My baby!" so I flung myself sideways, landing on my knees and hip, instead of flat on my belly. So now I have a band-aid on my knee. When I stood up again after this spectacular crash, I checked Anna to see if she was okay. Of course, she was totally zonked out and looked happy as a clam. Go figure.

Both our kids have had doctor appointments in the past 2 days. Both are growing well and are in good health. Lee is now 29 lbs, and Annalisa is 7 lbs, 7 oz (Lee's birth weight).

I think I'm coming to that point in the postpartum recovery where the newness has worn off and I'm ready to feel like a woman again instead of just a milk-making-baby-caring-trying-to-keep-the-kids-healthy mom machine. Of course, it's the same point as you realize that you can't just take off for a quick me moment, and it starts to bug you. I need to get cooking again--that's always been my best release.

Alright, enough whining. I can only make up for it with a cute movie.



ps--be grateful. Yesterday I had 3/4 of a post written about politics and the $700 billion bailout, but I deleted it. :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Waaa! I'm glad both you and the baby are ok! Watch out for that ground - it will reach up and bite you ;).

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

That fall was pretty scary, but very well executed! I'm glad it was only a skinned knee.