Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congratulations, Mr. President

I've been watching the campaigns and the politics leading up to yesterday's elections so closely, it seems surreal that they are over. After I voted yesterday, I took the opportunity to just enjoy the results coming in. Lee and I ate our yummy Edamame-Pork stir fry in front of the TV and watched, as hour by hour, the polls closed and more states were announced. Then, at nine o'clock our time, Charles Gibson said "Barack Obama has been elected as the 44th President of the United States."

What an amazing moment in our Country's history was recorded last night. We will now have the first African-American President. I'm trying to keep my personal political beliefs off of this blog, but I do need to pause and reflect at this historic occasion. Here is a man, raised by a single mother without much money, a man who came from a tough background, but who beat the odds and now is the epitome of "You can be anything you want to be." I am excited to see the changes he will bring to the United States of America. So I say this morning, congratulations to the President-elect, President Barack Obama.

No comments: