Monday, January 19, 2009

Catching up a bit

It's been a few days since I posted, so this is a bit of catch-up.


video

January 16 was Cody's 28th birthday. We had a great celebration, starting with his traditional cake in bed. After that we had a little scavenger hunt to find his 3 birthday presents. He had a good time trying to figure out the clues and Lee liked chasing around the house.

Cody thought one clue was in the flowers.
Figuring out the scavenger hunt clues.
video
Cody always has the same birthday meal: lasagna. I also made fresh whole wheat breadsticks and steamed broccoli with hollandaise sauce. We had chocolate cake. Lots of family came in the evening to celebrate with us, and it was a blast. Happy birthday, Cody!

On Saturday we went up to my parent's house to do "projects." Lee adores doing projects at "Ma-ma's house." We helped with the bookshelves and the trim in Dad's library, and it is coming along beautifully. Silly me, I didn't take my camera. I will go up today and be sure to take pictures.

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, but we aren't taking it off. The big exciting news of today is my sister Kathy is in labor! We'll do the famous chant for you (although I think it might be jinxed...it never worked for me...): Baby come out! Baby come out! Annalisa is wearing her "I love my Auntie" shirt today just for you.

1 comment:

Angeli said...

This Mom gives you a kiss -- from far away. Happy Birthday Cody.