Friday, January 9, 2009

"Just keep swimming..."

Lee loves watching "Finding Nemo" whenever we let him (he never makes it to the whale scene). So that's what inspired the title of this post, because that's how I feel today. I've just got to make it through today. And then I'll be done with this week on top of it.

It's just been a long, hard week. Cody started up school again, and had to go out of town multiple times for work. That means lots of time at home for me. Our Civic is severely damaged from last week's encounter with an elk...hm, sorry I forgot to post about that one...so that means I encouraged Cody to take the Accord, meaning I was without a vehicle. Cody and Annalisa both have runny noses, which led to last night her waking up 6 times. 6 times! Yuck! I'm totally sleep deprived. No matter how hard I tried today, the kids ended up with unsychronzied naps, so just as Annalisa was finally falling asleep, Lee came into my room and decided I was a slide. That means no nap for mom.

So now, we're improperly nourished after eating pizza and cereal for two days, sleep deprived, the house is a mess, I'M a mess, and all I can say to myself is "Just keep at it, Lisa. It can't stay like this forever."

OK, I'll quit complaining now. Lee has been much better behaved today than he was yesterday, and it's officially a weekend. I'm trying a new recipe tonight that I'm very excited about: Toasted Chickpeas. Cody's home now and he's helping out a lot, bathing Lee and picking up the house. See, Lisa, things are already on the upswing. I also have two beautiful children. See? I love this picture of Annalisa, it makes me laugh.

5 comments:

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

Thanks for coming up today and helping us so much. It was fun to have a good visit and an awesome dinner. I'm waiting for you to post that mango salsa recipe on your food blog.

Sara said...

Nice Anna, that makes me laugh too. :) You Rock Lisa!!

Angeli said...

Time to get out the How to talk to kids book? I think I threatened Cody a time or two, with "some day you'll have kids of your own!" He was a busy little guy. You will get there say in about 28 years. Nah, I love you and wish I could be there more. Love, MOM

bridget said...

Last week was intense, wasn't it? I'm sorry you've had such a hard week. "Just keep swimming" applies in SO MANY WAYS!

Melanie said...

That's a lot of icky stuff all at once. I'm so sorry!

I've got to hear more about the elk encounter...