Thursday, January 8, 2009

Terrible Twos

Do people really survive two-year olds? GAA!

Today alone, we've experienced:
-A pee soaked bed because someone removed his diaper.
-the second roll of toilet paper this week, unraveled on the bathroom floor (at least this time it didn't all go in the toilet, like it did last time)
-fingernails dug into my makeup (AGAIN!) and rubbed all over his jeans
-30+ pages ripped from my hymn book
-about 10 feet of plastic wrap pulled out from the container and flung across the kitchen,
-and at least 3 full-fledged tantrums

I can't leave this kid for even two minutes to go to the bathroom. As I'm typing this, I've confined Lee to his bed and I'm playing some music for him to dance to. Today it feels compounded because Cody has been gone since 7 am, and won't get home until midnight. He's also spent extra time away from home this week. Blegh, I don't know if I'll make it. I feel like monster-mom, constantly telling him no, threatening time-out and often following through with said threats,

Sorry, can't finish that sentence, somebody's water just got spit all over me.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I hate to tell you this, but 3's get even more exciting than 2's at our house! :0) Hang in there!!

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

And you didn't even get a walk this morning. I feel for you. Call me and I'll come and take him out for an hour or two.