Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my 24th birthday. Wohoo!

I was born at 7 am. I used to think that I was such a nice daughter, being born in the morning, so my parents could have the rest of the day to play with me. Now I realize that means my mom labored all night long. :)

Cody proposed on my birthday, my 20th birthday. So this is also our 4 year anniversary of our engagement. When he proposed, he took me to a beautiful rock cliff overlooking the canyon and the whole of the valley. It was gorgeous. On the ground I found this slender, long gold box. I picked it up and inside was a white rose. Cody told me a poem that his sister had helped him write (probably wrote for him), which ended "I have a question for you inside this white rose." I looked closer, he peeled back a few of the petals, and then I saw the sparkle of diamond. He knelt down, and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes, and that's how we became engaged. Then we walked back and thawed out (it was cold that day!).

Today has been wonderful. We had eggs benedict for breakfast, then did projects at mom and dad's house. We ended with a nice steak dinner and cheesecake. Yum. I also got some fantastic gifts, and spoke with lots of family and friends, which really made the day. Thanks for all your birthday wishes, I love you all!

3 comments:

Aubri said...

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY gorgeous-one! How cool that your hubbie proposed on your birthday! What an awesome gift!

SHEFFERS 'R' US said...

Happy birthday!! What a sweet story!

Mike and Cindy said...

I rember that day the cuteness there of was amazing, Hope you have a fabulous time being 24!