Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Chiropractor Care

This week I've been to see a chiropractor for the first time in my life. It's been an interesting experience. Let me explain...no, there is too much, let me sum up....

I've never had a really healthy back. I used to be sore and achy after practicing the piano for an hour. In my last month of pregnancy with Lee, I started having horrendous, shooting pains that would last for hours and end with days of nausea and diarrhea. I had those pains once or twice a month until Lee was six months old. After Annalisa was born I thought things were getting better. Then about a month ago I had another spastic pain and promised Cody that if it happened again, I would go to a doctor. Last Friday, it happened again. So, we set me up an appointment for the Chiropractor.

Monday he took x-rays, yesterday we went over them. I have some scoliosis (curvature in the wrong way) in my spine. Also, my right femur is 22 mm longer than my left, making my hips uneven (at a 32 degree angle). He will now be doing 3x a week adjustments (saw that one coming) and has given me a lift for my left shoe (didn't see that one coming). The lift feels funny. But it is nice to go in and sit in the massage chair and take some time each day just for me to focus on my own well being.

Fortunately, I am young enough that we can probably fix the problem. I hope. The possible outcome of my 'condition,' if left untreated, would be I could eventually develop a hunch back, lots of pain, and breathing or digestive problems. Just thought I would let you all know!

6 comments:

Sara said...

yipes! glad it's getting fixed!!

Lydia said...

Whoa.

I liked your princess bride quote.

Good thing you're getting some help with this.

Were you born on the side of a hill? (leg being longer... is joke)

Kathy said...

I hope it helps you feel better!!

Sue said...

Wow...Good for you for getting into the doctor and addressing this while something can be done to help. Does the lift fit easily into your shoes? What do you do during the summer time with sandals and flip flops?

Angeli said...

Yikes. I'm so glad you went to see the Dr. Good luck with the back pains and hope it doesn't come back! LOL

Melanie said...

Wow. That's crazy, but good that you know so that it can be remedied. Good luck with everything.