Thursday, April 9, 2009

Long Weekend

I have done everything I "needed" to do this week, and now it is time for a long weekend!

Yesterday evening was the crockpot cooking class that I taught for our ward's Enrichment night. It went as well as I could have hoped for. The sisters there were interested and engaged in the lesson, and made lots of comments and asked questions. I didn't cut my finger as I chopped my vegetables. The food was all delicious that I had for tasting, and we had a good sized turnout--just enough that almost all the chairs were filled and everyone who wanted to could have seconds. I made Senate Bean Soup, Beef Stroganoff, and Brownie Pudding, all in the crock pot. I talked for just over half an hour while demonstrating the three dishes, and then there was sufficient time to chat, eat, clean up, and be home before eight.

Today I played a musical number with Sara at her institute class. We did the semi-famous F. Sisters ol' "pull out the hymnbook, see what happens," and it was very nice. It was fun to see her in the middle of the week. On the walk back, there were a couple of Blackhawk helicopters on the HPER field, and we stopped to watch. They had the rotors going, and were really noisy. I wished Lee could have been there--he would have loved it! Because today is a little rainy, I had my umbrella out. In my own defense, I didn't know they were going to take off right then... Poor umbrella didn't stand a chance.

Anyway, it's been a fun week, and I'm super excited for a fun weekend. The kids and I are going to California, to visit my sister Kathy and meet baby Benjamin. The only bummer is that Cody is going to stay and work. Now I'm going to pack up so we can leave early on Saturday to drive down there. I might be able to post while I'm there--I know I'll have internet; having time is a different matter.

We wish you all a very happy, and very fulfilling, Easter Holiday. As we remember the Savior's Resurrection, and the rebirth of all the world, may we be a little more focused on Christ, and strive to be more like Him. I know I for sure will try to! Have a fantastic weekend.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Yay for California trips!! :D

Raychel said...

Lucky...

Lydia said...

I didn't know Kathy was in CA now and has a baby! How fun.

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

Hooray for good weeks! I loved the part about the umbrella. We're off soon!

Angeli said...

Have fun. I wish Cody were here with us hunting eggs in Red Canyon. CA will be so nice!