Thursday, May 21, 2009

Call for Editors

In my last post I announced that I finished the book that I've been writing. Now I'm ready to do an extensive edit, in the hopes that I can (knock on wood) get it published.

Would anyone out there be willing to help me edit? The book is about 250 pages, and is a love story. It's clean of profanity and has no explicit love scenes. I need help double-checking basic grammar and for type-o's. I also want an editor to check for the flow of the plot, and of course, if you like the book overall. My mom and sisters are already so wonderful for helping me with this so far, but I would like a couple more sets of fresh eyes. I currently have it saved in a Microsoft Word document, but can also publish it to PDF if that is preferable. Just leave me a comment if you would like to participate in this little endeavor.

Thanks, ~Lisa

9 comments:

Raychel said...

Count me in!

Jenifer said...

I'm so there...just let me know! Though I probably wouldnt' be able to spend alot of time with it until the beginning of June.

Debbie said...

Yes please, I am a grammar guru. :-)

Aubri said...

Oh, girl! You know I'm in!

Shay said...

I'd like to help if I can. I'm writing my own story as of now, and I'm not sure I would be able to do very well as far as grammar and typo-s, though I'm not sure. I have never edited a story before, but I'd like to help if I can. ^_^

Lydia said...

I am an avid reader. Pick me!

nicole said...

HAHA i would be PERFECT for this job! i'm a stickler for grammer and obssessive compulsive. plus, with my husband deploying, i'll need something to occupy my attention.

Julie said...

If you still need readers, I'm reaching that stage in the pregnancy when all I want to do is sit. I guess I'll talk to you on Sunday-we're coming to dinner in Logan....

Angeli said...

I would love to read it if it isn't too late. My daughter-in-law the author! Whewwwooo