Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's day, to all the women out there who read this blog.

When Cody was a kid, his mom would kiss him goodnight. As he got a little older, he didn't want kisses any more. She would say then, "Don't you kiss me!" and to spite her, he would. I use this trick all the time on Lee, and it works great. I think Cody would love to give his mother a kiss today, and I would too. We love you, Mom S., you are such a powerful and happy influence for strength and unconditional love. I feel very blessed to be numbered with your daughters, and I really look up to your example. You are truly beautiful to me.

Just yesterday, after the race, we stopped for a potty break. Outside the bathroom, I waited with my mother for the boys to finish up with Lee. As we waited, a young man was pacing back and forth, on the phone with a locksmith who was refusing to open his car because the man did not have the last $7.00 up front. Yes, we eavesdropped, but in the end, mom turned back to hand the man $7.00 from her purse so that he could get his wife back to her nursing baby. As she did so, I could see tears well up in her eyes, through my own tears, as she knew she could help someone in his time of need, and it made her day. My mom has always been generous and thoughtful of the needs of others. It is an example I always strive to live up to. Thank you mom, you are such a pillar of love in my life.

To my Grandmothers, Aunts, Cousins, sisters, and friends: I am so grateful to be considered your sister. I feel within me the camaraderie of sisterhood that resides within us all, and I salute you this day for your loving and nurturing hands, that works this world for good, and makes us all better people.

2 comments:

Angeli said...

Happy mother's day to you too. Ya make it nice to be a mom. Thanks Lisa.

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

Happy Mothers Day Lisa. Someday I hope you'll write a book.