Friday, May 1, 2009

P.T. post #5, aka so proud!

He did it, he did it, he did it!

I was so fed up with waiting, bribing, coaxing, and still cleaning up poopy underwear, that I literally stripped Lee down, moved the toilet paper out of reach, left him on the toilet, and came to the computer to look up potty training tips with tears in my eyes. SO sick of it. I was ready to quit.

Just as I sat down at the computer, Cody yells out, "Good job Lee! You did it!" I ran back to the bathroom, to see that yes, indeed, for the first time in months, Lee's number made it in the toilet, not in the undies! Hooray! I am so proud of my son.

Now he's enjoying his Finding Nemo fruit snacks and he gets to pick a time to go swimming (maybe tonight, if we can).

Inevitably I will be putting up a few more of these potty-training posts, with more accidents and frustrations, but today I don't have to clean poop out of underwear, and I could not be happier. After a really long week of potty-training messes, this was a blessed event that calls for major celebration.

4 comments:

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

hooray for you Lee!

Traci said...

Wow, good for him! I'm so afraid for that time to come for us.... talk about major patience!
It didn't seem to take him all that long to get the hang of it, that's awesome!

Aubri said...

Woo-hoo!!!! Way to go all of you! Extra special congratulations go out to you, fabulous Ms. Lisa! You're an amazing mother, and I love you!

nicole said...

yay! go lee!
i agree with traci.. i'm dreading potty training.
i'm glad to hear that you've made some progress =D