Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dear Journal

Lee's vocabulary now includes some hilarious phrases that I don't want to forget.

Straw-ba-berry.
Good job, everybody!
I want Ol-loves, please.
I don't want to wear a diaper, anymore.
Anna, do you need to clip your fingernails?
Mommy, I want to go to the park, please, Sure Lee?
I'm happy now, I'm not grumpy anymore.
Come on Daddy, let's catch a fish.

Annalisa, now at age 8 1/2 months, has 2 little teeth. They're sharp! My nursing routine is changing rapidly. I have to wait until she gets pretty hungry, because otherwise she just fools around and ends up biting me like a chew toy. Not pleasant. She is an incredibly determined, inquisitive, and observant baby. She plays with toys and imitates Lee or I. She is a happy girl, and is starting to show major interest in solid foods. Our little baby girl is now our precious tank-baby, on the verge of toddlerhood.

Cody and I are planning a vacation to Washington DC the first week of September. We have never gone on a vacation like this before. We've only ever visited family, rarely left the state, and never spent more than a few hours away from the children. Even our honeymoon was just a few nights at a local B&B. This will be a huge shock to our systems, but hopefully be really good for both of us.

Right now I'm blogging through my mid-afternoon hunger. I find the most temptation to eat poorly comes at 3 pm and 8 pm. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way, considering the berjillion snacks and commercials for said snacks that talk about the 3 o'clock lull, and the nightime cravings. I, then, along with the rest of America, have to find something to get my mind away from food long enough to make it until dinner time. Today, that "something" is blogging. Which is why I'm writing longer and longer sentences, and finding newer, more obscure, and less interesting topics. Come on, Lisa, you can do it! See, you've made it a half hour already....

2 comments:

Aubri said...

Sigh... Today is another day I don't want to log my foods...

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

When you feel that you need to snack, go have a big drink of water. It's OK to put a little lemon in it, or something like that, and you could even allow yourself one bite of something else - if you have the willpower to keep it to one bite.