Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence day weekend

The parties started Friday for us. Cody got done with work and we grilled hot dogs. We then went up to my dad's house for the fireworks display. Sorry that my camera battery was dead and I couldn't find the charger. :(

Lee loves fireworks! He sat there watching them. When they'd stop for a second or two, he's call out, "Fireworks, where are you?" and when they started again, he'd say, "good job, fireworks!" He asked them if they'd be his friend too, and said, "I love you, fireworks." Funny funny boy. It took us half an hour to drive the 2 miles home. Apparently, we're not the only ones who like to watch fireworks. ;)

Yesterday we started our 4th of July with the Scout's pancake breakfast at the church. Then we did a little teensy bit of shopping, and went back to my parent's house for a day of dutch ovening and games. We made dutch oven roast, potatoes, and peach cobbler. Matthew, Kristin, and Axton were there, which was an extra special treat.

Matthew tried to teach Lee to give him a chest bump. Lee never quite figured it out, but gave us the biggest belly laugh in the process.

video


video

video

1 comment:

Sara said...

boo! I'm so sad I had to work! :( I sure got a belly laugh though! what a crazy kid! :D