Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Up and Over

We have a bunch of family in town for Great-Grandpa F's 77th birthday and a family reunion. It is way cool to see them.

Today my mom convinced a big group of us to go hiking in the canyon. I've been exercising regularly for over a year now, so thought I'd be able to do it, no problem. HA! Although I had to stop nearly every 50 feet for breathers, and my toes are sore now, it was fun, and special to be with family.

Wee-pooch Mitzie gained a lot of my respect as she trotted over the mountain. While I love dogs, I could hardly call her a dog until she tackled the hike exactly the way a hound should.

The views from the top were spectacular, though, and isn't that what makes the hike worth it? Dad and I willingly took the caboose, and were pretty wiped by the end. We're not hamming it up...much...

We just couldn't resist...

No comments: