I've been planning this post in my head for a while, so here goes.
In the past, more than one person has asked me how I find the time to blog when there's so many other worthwhile activities in the world. It makes me feel a little guilty, sometimes a lot guilty, and it made me re-evaluate why I blog. Here is my complete answer.
1) I blog to keep in touch with people. A blog is an excellent way to put pictures, video clips, and words about the growth of my children and the daily dealings of our family. I can put something up, and if people are interested, they can check it out, and I don't have to send emails or snail mails to forty different parties who may just chuck it.
2) I blog my journal and personal family history. Journaling is highly important to me, but as a mom, I find it difficult to poke writing things down into my daily life. My blog is a place where I can write down my thoughts along with pictures to prove it.
3) I blog for preservation of family photos. So many fire victims say the worst thing they lost--the thing they missed most of all--was their precious family photos. When I load pictures or movies onto my blog, it is protected by the internet. I take lots more movies and pictures than I load, but at least I know I have something.
4) I blog for fun. I really enjoy composing clever little posts or watching my kids for silly things they do to take pictures of.
5) I blog for laughs. Like right now, I can hear a screaming kid walking by my house and a woman's voice yelling, "no mas! No mas!" How would I remember these funny moments if I didn't blog about them?
6) I blog for comments. So keep 'em coming!
Now, you may have noticed the title of this blog is "For Kicks and Giggles." I try to keep everything lighthearted, though heaven knows we have our fair share of depression, heartache, and trial. I just choose to not blog about it, for your sakes. Most of the time. Of course, this is my blog, and therefore I can post what I want.
Thanks for visiting, and drop a line why YOU blog. Goodnight!