Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm tired.

I think I'm just tired of moving. It seems like every task is such a chore right now, and never-ending. Today I worked on cleaning and packing the kitchen. A lot of things need to be washed before they can be packed in boxes, so I ran the dishwasher all day and when it was done I would unload half (or more) into boxes and the rest would be put away. Right now I have out 1 big spoon, 1 pair of tongs, 2 mixing bowls, 1 cookie sheet, and 1 frying pan. That's the extent of my cooking supplies! I still have out all the plates, bowls, silverware, and cups, though. I need to keep cleaning out the fridge and washing dirty things and then packing them.

We stopped at the grocery store tonight and picked up a few foodstuffs that would require very little preparation--especially breakfasty things. I'm not a cold cereal lover to begin with, and the last month that's mostly what we've been eating. For a person who normally cooks breakfast--like eggs, bacon, toast, pancakes, etc (or gets Cody to make crepes), cold cereal every day has been a big let-down. So I'm glad we have a package of bagels and some frozen turnovers (place on tray and bake. the end.) to ease that burden until Saturday. I think it will give me the edge I need to get to the end of this!

But happiest news of the month: we have piano movers coming on Wednesday for the piano. AAAAAAH... my back is feeling better already! (not that I ever had any intention of moving the piano myself... just thinking about Cody doing it makes me hurt all over.)

Meanwhile, the kids have been SO cute recently! Today while I was packing, Anna found a baby doll and took good care of it. She used a washcloth for a blanket. She gave it a bath (in the sink with water and everything), fed it some of her cereal, sang it songs, rocked it for snuggle time, and changed its diaper. I have a feeling she is going to be a GREAT big sister. Lee is getting nervous about all the scary Halloween decorations popping up around town. When he gets scared, he puts his hand over his mouth and holds very still. But he loves singing Halloween songs with me in the car to and from Preschool.

So that's it for today. It is going to be a very busy week or two. I may not be posting very much. I'll try to take some pictures. I really should get a movie of Anna singing "Up-a-buh-dah-wha-chu-are!" (Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star ala Anna) and Lee singing "What are you going to be on Halloween Night?" It's totally precious. But until then...

3 comments:

Sara said...

You're getting closer! Love those kiddos. :)

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

Until then, we love you and are here for you.

Levi and Kami's Blog said...

K...that's pretty cute about Anna and Lee being so cute. :)