Monday, November 22, 2010

First sledding of the season

Last night after dinner, Cody volunteered to take the kids out sledding. It's been snowing off and on this whole weekend, and the kids have been itching to get outside. Of course, it's us adult types that tend to hold them back... and we were all pretty skeptical and nervous when Cody hauled 3 kids (yes, three--our nephew Axton was with us for dinner) downstairs to get bundled up for sledding. I assured the other adults that this would make Cody and the kids really happy, and that Cody would make sure they stayed warm.

So Cody bundled them all up in three pairs of socks each, boots, jackets, and gloves and we even tied Axton up in a great big sweatshirt. Then he ran them around, pulling all three kids on our sled. There wasn't enough snow to do big hills, and besides, I think that would have been a little scarier. We loved listening to the kids laugh hysterically as they zoomed around the back yard. When they were done and had to come in, all three kids requested to go back out within just a few minutes.

So hats off to you, Cody, for proving us all wrong, and being the adventurous, fun loving daddy/uncle last night. The kids loved it, and we adults appreciated the break. ;)

3 comments:

Nikki said...

What an awesome hubby! My kids are missing the snow this time of year. I occasionally hear them say, "How can it be almost Christmas without any snow?"

I love your holiday countdown posts. I have picked up some very helpful tips from you.

By the way, my Gremlin erased my note in Microsoft Word that had your address, so I didn't get the socks out yet. Could you email me at FloorNeedsMopping(at)gmail(dot)com with your address? I'll drop it in the mail as soon as I get it.

Aubri said...

Way to get in that aerobic exercise, Cody! Lol! That's pretty much awesome... I'm glad you got pictures!

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

We all needed a little cheering up and a break from kids. Thanks again Cody, for giving them that time. You have so much energy! Now I'll try to post the pictures I took too.