Friday, December 17, 2010

Cinnamon Candy Sticks (and other holiday goodies)



In case you haven't noticed, I'm a big time holiday baker. I gave myself a break last Monday and went up to my mom and dad's house to make loads of goodies. We made: fudge, peanut butter cups, dipped pretzel "Yule Logs" (pretzels. caramel. chocolate. nuts. yum.), peppermint brownie balls, peanut busters, toffee balls, sugarplums, and the most special (in my opinion)--cinnamon candy sticks.

The story of the candy sticks: about a week ago I bought some candy canes, intending to bake with them. Lee found the box and got excited, and promptly told me, "Mom, we need to make these into Cinnamon Candy Sticks!" It came out of nowhere. I didn't know if this was something he'd had at school or somewhere away from home--it certainly wasn't a familiar recipe. But being the adventurous cook that I am, I decided to figure something out. Lee didn't give it up either. Every day he would ask me if we could make Cinnamon Candy Sticks. I asked him the recipe, and his answer was always the same:
video
So on Monday, I found some white chocolate at the store and some clever little cinnamon sprinkles. We dipped the candy canes in white chocolate and let Lee submerse them in cinnamon sprinkles. He had such a good time. I mean, just LOOK at this cute smile:

No comments: