Wednesday, December 1, 2010

*I think* That's the end.

We received a letter today from our former landlords informing us (no surprise) that we wouldn't be getting our deposit back. The good news? They're not asking us for more money, which I was fearing, because I knew they wouldn't be rational about it. Seeing as it has now been a month since we moved out, they are past the time where they could make further claims, and the loss of the deposit is really not a big deal. It wasn't that big of a deposit, we lived there for four years, and I didn't think they'd be returning it after everything that happened, even though we scrubbed that house from top to bottom.

Anyway. I think this is the last communication we will have with our former landlords. They really have no more reason to contact us. Which means, that after the horror that was this move-out: it is over! It is done!

I am very ready to forgive and forget. I'll be honest--I've been harboring some really negative feelings toward our landlords. I didn't like what they did to us, and it hurt me bad. But I know (and have always known) that the negative feelings are hurting me more than what they did. So I am now ready to forgive them for those hurtful things, and move on--focusing on the positive things, like:

-This weekend we will be able to start moving into our new home. A bigger, nicer, newer home with a fenced in backyard, a bigger office for Cody, and a south-facing driveway!
-I've had a lot of fun this past month--enjoying Thanksgiving, playing with family, and just keeping a routine.
-I have wonderful family members and friends that have helped us immensely; especially my parents who have generously let us stay here during our homeless period... but the rest of you are so kind and thoughtful and helpful as well!
-After this whole moving fiasco, we are better off in so many ways--financially, physically, and emotionally.

The pain is fading even faster than I had expected. As the winter storms now begin, I am thrilled to report that one of the worst storms of my life is over; the sky is beginning to clear, and it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day!

*knock on wood!*

3 comments:

John and Anna said...

I'm glad things are looking up for you guys. We miss your family in our ward but are grateful you are going to be in a better situation. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your next move.

Levi and Kami's Blog said...

So good to hear!

Angeli said...

It will be nice to have a newer home I'm sure. We are so happy that you were able to get into this place. Can't wait for Christmas, hopefully Christmas Eve with you. We love you.