Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Oh yes, I remember you Mr. Third Trimester...

I had the dawning today that I am indeed in the third trimester of pregnancy again.

Baby's movements are becoming more strong--not the happy little fluttery movements that make you say "oooh! It's alive!" More like the major jabs and rolls that make your whole belly move and your husband says, "It's aaaaaaaaliiiiiiiive!"

I'm hungry. My appetite has really been shot throughout this whole pregnancy. During the first trimester, nearly every meal was cut short by my body saying very clearly, "If you take one more bite, you WILL throw up." Over the second trimester this became less common, but I still didn't have much of a will to eat, and especially not overeat. Seriously. I didn't even overindulge at Thanksgiving. As a result, I lost nearly 15 pounds during the first trimester, and haven't even made it back to pre-pregnancy weight yet. Yet. But yesterday and today, come the end of dinner time, I took seconds. It has been months since I took seconds! And both nights I wanted dessert too! So I made popcorn. Yum. And ate a bunch of it. Oh yes, those fifteen pounds are coming back with a vengeance.

One of my favorite games to play with Cody while pregnant is "Wanna know when I can see my toes?" wait... wait... bend waaaay over... "now!" And yes. We're playing that game now.

Someone at church actually said to me, "So, when is your baby due?" instead of just eyeballing my massive middle suspiciously.

And lastly, we think we might have found a name. But it's still Cody's call. :D

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I hear you. It is crazy to watch his little bum push out the front of my stomach while he jams his feet into my ribs. Love it ;)

Kathy said...

Oh yeah, and someone asked me: "When are you due...yesterday, tomorrow?" Nope, 4 weeks to go!

Sara said...

I'm never brave enough to ask people when they're due, Like Brian Regan, when's the BAABy due? hehe