Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sort of a hiatus

This week is moving week again for us. That is why I haven't posted the past few days, and won't post much the next few. Our internet will be installed tomorrow, and we hope it will work out alright. The house wasn't deeply, thoroughly cleaned by the previous owner (which really is okay by us... you can tell it was cleaned on a regular basis and kept in very good condition, they just didn't do things like shampoo carpet and wipe out cabinets before they left), so we have a lot of cleaning to do before we can unpack. And, of course, Cody and I have slightly different priorities on the unpacking front.

To be completely honest, I'd love some help. But most people who read my blog don't live around me, or are already busy with other things. So I'm trying not to be whiney and trying to just get the job done. Yesterday we got the carpets shampooed, thanks to my mom's awesome steam cleaner, and I also wiped out all the kitchen cabinets and the pantry and some of the other shelves in the house. Progress is being made! Cody has been bringing in boxes from the garage, and I'm feverishly trying to stay ahead of him in the cleaning front. Last night we took the kids over to the house so they could help. Lee ran from room to room, excitedly discovering everything from "WOW! there's a cool closet in my bedroom! A closet for me!" to "This is a laundry shooter, mom! A laundry shooter for all my underwear!" to "Oh my goodness, there's another potty in your bedroom, daddy! There's two potties!" When Anna saw the master bathroom, she got excited too and decided that bathroom was a great place to use the toilet. She took off her pants and diaper and climbed up on the toilet and went. Maybe this move will be a big step in potty training...?

Anyway. We are alive and doing very well. We're super excited for Christmas and have most of our Christmas stuff done. I've been smart and finished my shopping and most of the wrapping last week, so we can focus on moving in and don't have much to worry about. I have also done some holiday baking (fudge, peanut butter cups, and peanut busters), and hope to get some more done next week.

So if you don't hear from us as often as normal, no fears. We are happily and excitedly unwrapping our biggest and best Christmas gift of the year--our new home.

No comments: