Thursday, January 13, 2011

31 weeks

Pregnancy number 3, here at 31 weeks, just writing down some thoughts! (because I know I'll want to look over them someday.)

My ear is thumping louder now and constantly. I plan on asking my doctor about it. I'm trying not to freak out about it. I've asked everyone I know, and nobody knows exactly what could be causing it; though the closest and smartest thing I've heard so far is that increased blood flow and perhaps increased blood pressure could be the culprit. There are blood vessels in your middle/inner ear, and I could be hearing those. Another option is what the doctor at the Instacare told me, and that is a sinus blockage. But since the Sudafed didn't help, and I have yet to see any other symptoms there, I have stopped taking medications for now. I don't want to risk my baby's health on meds that aren't working. But for now, I am constantly looking for relief. I play music, run the humidifier, lie on my right side, bang my head with pillows, stuff my ear (gently) with cotton, and pray. Pray a lot. I'm not sure this is going to clear up during this pregnancy, which has me really annoyed. I still have about ten weeks to go--especially if history repeats itself and I go overdue.

Fortunately my pain and discomfort level has been lower. I attribute it to our new house. I have been through a really stressful ordeal already during this pregnancy. I'm just so grateful that it is over, that I feel more relaxed and stress-free now than I have in a really long time!

However, I've been sort of ignoring this pregnancy until this month. It's just with the move, and then the holidays, that I kept telling myself (and my kids), "okay, first, we're going to have Halloween. Then Thanksgiving. Then move into our new house. Then Christmas. Then Daddy's Birthday. Then Mommy's Birthday. And THEN the baby will come!" Well, now I'm just down to Daddy's Birthday and Mommy's Birthday. It was a little bit of an eye opener to come through all this work and all this stress, and realize I'm in the third trimester, two months away from childbirth, and two months away from THREE kids. While I'm ready to do it... I'm not ready! I'm not ready to tote three kids around the town! Okay. Panic over. I'm ready. Three is gonna be awesome. Right?

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Ready or not, here we come! If you want to try some relaxation techniques, google hypnobabies and see if you can find a free mp3 download. It feels so nice to take a few minutes to yourself and your baby and just relax.

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

I'm so glad you blog. I've been missing what is going on. This seems like a really long vacation right now with the new baby and all. But it's great to be here with family.