Saturday, February 12, 2011

35 Week check-in

More attempts to keep a better pregnancy journal this go-around. For the future.

I've been scouring my blog for reminders of how I felt with my previous pregnancies. I remember having so much hope before my first examination, and feeling so bummed out when there was no progress at all. This time, I have my first exam on next Tuesday (two days before I hit the 36 week point). I do not anticipate any progress whatsoever. In fact, if there is anything, I will be more than shocked. I'm even considering not getting the exam done and just waiting another week. I have not been having contractions, and I hardly even feel big. No, I can't bend over. Yes, I'm short of breath. But do I feel like I have just over a month left to go? No.

Anna sometimes likes to hide under her sister.
video

My flu-like-illness is going away. Yay! I still feel pretty crummy, but it is getting better each day. The worst day I had a fever most of the day; my lungs and ribs ached from coughing so hard; I could hardly move. Yesterday I was able to get out of bed a little bit more and the fever was gone. Still hurt a lot, though. Today, the pain is subsiding. I'm still coughing a lot and my nose is mega-congested, but I only woke up three times last night in coughing fits, as opposed to about six times the previous two nights. I cannot express my appreciation enough for those of you who came to help me, especially Mom S and Mom F and Grandma Diane. Your service and love and kind deeds mean so very, very much. And the rest of you who could only offer prayers or happy thoughts, I appreciate them so much too! I was afraid I wasn't going to make it through this illness. I couldn't see how it would work out. But I feel so blessed, and it gives me so much hope for the future, knowing I have loved ones who care for me and my family. Thank you!

Anyway. I often feel the baby squirming around. She is definitely getting bigger. But she definitely likes her naps, and usually is still when I'm still. She moves when I move. Do you realize how happy this makes me? I don't want to curse myself, so I won't go into further detail. Let's just say, it is a good sign for a good sleeping schedule. Still, this little one isn't as squirmy as Lee (screensaver baby) or even Annalisa. Which makes me wonder if she's just little? Hm. I'll ask the doctor on Tuesday if she's growing well.

I will have to take some belly shots. I really do not feel as big this time around. I've only gained a total of 10 pounds so far. I'll probably get another five or ten this month, but this illness I'm sure hasn't helped any. Or maybe it has. I really don't want to gain a lot of weight. I'm eating as healthy as I possibly can, so I know little one is getting good nutrition. But I am really hoping to set myself up for some good weight loss after pregnancy, so a minimal gain feels nice.

I think that is enough for today. I'll let you know how the checkup goes. It will probably be boring.

I will let you know, however, that just like Annalisa's birth, we will be documenting and announcing right here on For Kicks and Giggles. So, stay tuned, "Follow," or if you really would like, you can ask me for email updates. That is, if you want to follow this kind of a thing. It was so fun for us to keep everyone informed and feel like you were "there" throughout the labor last time, that I really want to do it again. And, I love having that nice documentary of my labor and delivery. The mind is slippery. The document is permanent.

Time to take a little girlie on a potty break. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

So, are you really still exercising for comments? Ha. I love all your updates, love you and glad you're feeling better.