Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'm hungry...

The past few days I've been hungry, the way a pregnant woman is supposed to be. This should be normal, but this pregnancy I've had more food aversions and nausea and just inability to eat than ever before... as is evidenced by my 11 pound weight gain total. So I've been very mindful of this sudden hunger. The other night I woke up at four in the morning so hungry I knew I would never go back to sleep, so I had a bowl of granola, raisins and milk. Yesterday at the store I bought snack foods I haven't indulged in in months--ice cream, cottage cheese, and ham. (Not together.)

So three in the afternoon today, I'm walking around and realize I'm really hungry. I start thinking of what to eat. And I'm so proud of myself: I chose an apple! I've always proclaimed snacking on fruits and vegetables, but haven't always done it. As soon as Lee saw me snacking on an apple, he of course wanted one. I very happily told him yes. He very happily ate his apple, even throwing his seeds out the front door so they would grow in the spring. :)

I count this as a major pregnancy-parenting success! I taught my son a good eating habit, curbed my appetite, and kept myself healthy all in one.

p.s. I would so love to come in under fifteen pounds this pregnancy. I am not denying myself anything, but I am trying extra hard to be healthy. But if I do break fifteen pounds, no big deal.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Good Jorb!! I need to practice that too. Micro popcorn for snack today... 15 lbs is great - I gained 40 :|, but I'm already down 25 of that--15 to go.

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

Now I don't feel like I can go eat my cinnamon roll, I'd better have an apple.

Kristin said...

Em send that cinnamon roll to me! Everything in moderation right? I sometimes find myself trying to convince my kid to eat something unhealthy, maybe i shouldn't be the parent. :)

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

Good job, and you made me feel guilty enough that I'm going to get an apple out so that next time I'm hungry I'll grab that instead of candy.