Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Say what?

Just got back from my Doctor's appointment, and much to my surprise, I'm actually dilated to a 1. For those of you who have early babies (or have actually started labor on your own) this might not sound like much. But for me, who never made it to a 1 on my own with Lee, and was at a 1 at 39 weeks with Annalisa, a 1 is BIG progress!

Right now I'm feeling like, "run that by me again? You mean I'm going to have a baby?" Please don't think I'm crazy. I have been mentally prepping myself for two and a half years to NOT go into labor on my own. I still don't think I will. But just the idea that I have progressed this much, this early, is completely shocking.

I suppose I'd better get things ready now, like cleaning and installing the carseat and getting the baby's room ready. Maybe I'll even think about packing a hospital bag. Never been a necessity before; and I was so disappointed when I didn't start labor on my own with Annalisa, that I don't want to set myself up for depression and anxiety. So I'm still going to take it easy. Nobody is on high alert yet. I think I still have a solid 4 weeks of pregnancy left.

Yes Lisa, don't read much into this 1 of yours. The baby will come at the right time. Now is not that time. Instead, now is the time to get a few more things ready. ;)

5 comments:

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

I totally agree with that last paragraph. Remember, Kathy was at a 4 for nearly three weeks. But, I'm thinking positive thoughts for this one!

Kristin said...

I think all of these cousins know there are supposed to be Jan, Feb, and March birthdays. My kid stole Jan so B took Feb and yours is destined to wait until March. This is a good thing since early babies really aren't ideal!

Melanie said...

Well, that's exciting! As exciting as it is to hear that kind of stuff, anyway. (which is exciting after going through it yourself) My first exam at exactly 36 weeks I was a 3. That blew me out of the water. I hadn't even had any sort of contraction or pain at all. Then one week later, I was a 5 and that evening I went into labor. I'm glad we had our bags packed at that point, especially because we lived 1 1/2 hours away from the hospital. He was one day short of 3 weeks early but was absolutely perfect in every way. I'm sure if your little one comes soon, all will be great.

And I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. When I read that last week, my heart and body just ached for you! Good luck with resting and the last minute things.

Raychel said...

Lisa! Yay!

Dean Sheffer said...

So glad things are progressing! Hope you felt good on your birthday too! Hope you had a fun day. We are thinking of you and so glad that flu bug is behind you. Cute hair. I loved the little pink heart ribbon.