Thursday, February 10, 2011

Succumbed

This has just been a really hard week for me. Yesterday I succumbed to the same flu Cody had. I'm more than just a little miffed about it; I had my flu shot! I'm the mom, the one who needs to take care of everybody! AND I'm pregnant! It's just not fair that I'm sick. :( Today I feel rotten. I've got the works: fever, cough, body aches, runny nose, and the occasional nausea. I just hate being sick while pregnant. Thank goodness DayQuil is approved. I wish it was stronger. ;)

Let's focus on positive things, though, shall we?
-Cody is getting much much better. He still has a lingering cough, but his other symptoms are all gone now.
-Lee's antibiotics did the trick and he is better too. Yay!
-Anna's runny nose day didn't develop into anything more sinister.
-I have been getting ready for the end of pregnancy so carefully that I can afford to use some of my casseroles for right now.
-I just barely stocked up on juice, disinfectant, face masks, and medicine. Earlier this week I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup. So we're prepared.
-Cody's flu lasted about four days total, so I will hopefully be feeling better soon!

1 comment:

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

Not to go all medical on you but if you really think you have the flu you should call your doctor, this far along in pregnancy you really need to let him know. It can be dangerous to you & baby. Now that I'm done going medical on you.
Feel better, let us know if you need anything.