Tuesday, March 8, 2011

38 weeks, 5 days check in

I just got a comment from Nikki asking if anything is going on. I laughed. Nope! Not for me!

But, stuff IS going on. Just not had-the-baby stuff. I haven't posted in the past few days because there was so little to talk about, other than the kinda gross stuff like pelvic pressure and meaningless contractions and back pain. I have been keeping busy. I deep cleaned my kitchen and living room and they look great. Cody defrosted the big freezer. Awesome! I even vacuumed the van today. The kids' suitcase is packed (mine still not), the groceries have been purchased, the kids' vitamins are refilled and ready to go. We are nearly completely ready.

I just got back from my doctor appointment... I had a good little scare when I walked in and they'd messed up my scheduling and written down tomorrow at 2:30 instead of today at 9:30--which is what I had been told, and what I had written down... ugh. That's the second time in a month they've done that. Fortunately, both times they've worked me in and the Doctor is still awesome, despite a little longer wait for me. I didn't want to wait until tomorrow. And I have good reason too; read on.

Katie's heartrate was great. I actually lost half a pound this week, keeping my total right around 11 pounds. My blood pressure is perfect. The only thing that isn't checking in right on schedule is my dilation and contractions. In other words, I'm having a picture-perfect pregnancy except for going into labor. So weird. I haven't progressed much this week, which was somewhat surprising. I've had Braxton-Hicks contractions nearly every night this week, and Katie's head is bouncing up and down in my pelvis all the time. At times it feels like she could just fall out, she's so low. But a few hours or days later she'll squirm back up. Anyway. I digress. So I'm still sitting at about a 1.5 cm and 50% effaced.

Have I mentioned recently how happy I am with my doctor? He's on the same wavelength as me and aware of my feelings. Anna's OB was awful that way. I'm glad I made the switch. Anyway, after checking progress, we discussed what will come next. He asked me how soon I would like an induction and he himself volunteered this Friday. It was exactly what I'd been hoping for. I told him that would be more than perfect, and we went out and scheduled it. Amazingly, the hospital was able to schedule it in no problem, and I'm set for an induction this Friday, March 11! I am totally stoked! This baby will be out in just a few more days; my induction is set for 39 weeks 1 day, which is precisely 2 weeks shorter than I've done in the past. aaaah. So nice.

Of course, that means I now have the rest of today, tomorrow, and the next day to get ready for Katie. I need to clean the bathrooms again, go to my appointments (chiropractor, preschool home visit, cub scouts, haircut/pedicure, and Relief Society birthday celebration), and pack up my suitcase. I think I can do it. I know I can.

Days until delivery? less than 3, and counting!

5 comments:

John and Anna said...

So exciting! Can't wait to hear! Good luck with your to do list! Mine is still not done and Season is 3 weeks old today. :)

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

Can't wait!

Rach said...

How exciting! That is I must say a very popular birthday! I know at least 3 people with it! Good luck on Friday I hope it goes smoothly!

Melanie said...

Hooray! How exciting! Good luck!

Nikki said...

Three days isn't so bad, I suppose.

Have I told you yet that I love the name Katie? I do! It's so sweet and feminine. I can't wait to "meet" her.