Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hey! It's my due-date!

And look, I'm not pregnant! Ha!

Katie is almost 1 week old. Since Daddy is giving her a bath right now, I thought I would take a second and post.

Katie is already changing. Her umbilical cord fell of today. Last night she slept--and let me sleep too--from 9 to 1:30, then 2 to 5:30. It was wonderful! Cody zonked out at 8, and I didn't wake him until 6:15, just so I could get that crucial last hour of sleep. Other things I'm noticing: every day she gives us another minute or two of alertness. She has such a cute face when she's looking around! Her fingers have smoothed out, also. They were mega wrinkly when she was born. She also loves peeing without her diaper on. :)

So, we've made it through the first days home. Lee has gone to preschool every day. We've gone back to the hospital every day for bilirubin checks (blah...poor Katie's heels are all poked up...also why there's all these diaper-only-sunbathing pictures). I'm still a little nervous about next week when Cody starts working mornings again. But we will make it. The hormones are beginning to balance out (beginning, just beginning) and I hardly cried at all yesterday! Last night's big sleep really helped as well. I have great hopes now, and I feel like even if she only gives us one or two good nights a week, we will make it.

Lee and Annalisa love Katie so much, and are happily transitioning with her. Every day they get to hold her as much as possible, and they are being great helpers.

Overall, we're learning all about Katie and already feeling like she is a special and important part of our lives. I am so glad we have her. She is a sweet little baby and definitely adds a special spirit to our family.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Cute! It's so interesting how similar all these cousins are. Jayli grunts like Bryan and loves peeing with her diaper off, more than Axton ever did. Glad you're getting through.

Kathy said...

She is such a Sheffer! She looks a lot like Anna. Don't count on that sleep, but enjoy it!

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

I definitely haven't seen enough of her. But I'm starting to get my energy back. Happy one week old today!

Levi and Kami's Blog said...

She looks soooo sweet.

Nikki said...

I love all the pictures. Ruthie had a lot of sunbathing and bilirubin checks too mixed in with weight checks.

Katie is gorgeous! And you are amazing!!!!