Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fun for April Fool's

This year I really didn't do a lot for April Fool's day, except for this fun dinner. I took the kids up to my parent's house and we had a blast getting creative. I loved having a few extra hands to
help with Katie so I could just take an afternoon to think about something different.
Notice how the table is set? No, not Lee's doing!




For dinner:
French Dip Sandwiches
Coleslaw
Orange Punch


For dessert:
Hot Fudge Brownie Sundaes
Green licorice whips

Lee helped us learn the difference between solids and liquids as we worked on the "Punch" (really orange jell-o, in a cup with a straw set in). And amazingly, as I made the buns for the french dip sandwiches on Thursday, I caught Anna after only taking one bite of one bun! Now THAT is an accomplishment, considering I was nursing Katie at the time, and wasn't even the kitchen. I expected to lose at least two or three of the buns, but nope, only one bite.

The food was tasty and fun, and a favorite tradition in our family. I hope you all had a good April Fool's day too!

p.s. more information on the food and more pictures on my Mom's blog, here.

No comments: