Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Adventures in Couponing: A new Series

I have recently started some serious couponing. It's been a fun new adventure (yes, I was indeed inspired by the new TLC show "Extreme Couponing") and I've already made a few good scores, even though I only started saving coupons about three weeks ago.

Scores like:

6 boxes of pasta for free
2 12-packs of Cottonelle Toilet Paper for $2 apiece (about $5 off retail)
2 bottles of body wash for free
an additional 6 bottles of body wash for about $1.50 apiece
a bottle of lotion for $1
4 bags of chips for $.50 apiece

I'm learning a lot about couponing and saving money and how sales work. I thought it might be fun to start a new series about couponing and how to make it work. Of course, I'm no expert. So if any of you have some tips or tricks you'd like to share, please do! And as always, keep your eye here at For Kicks and Giggles for lots of fun. ;) (just kidding. I just like to imagine that the whole world reads and loves my blog.)

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Go to savvyshopperdeals.com and she will tell you about sales that coinside with coupons. It's a pretty good place to start. She also talks a lot about organizing your coupons. I couponed last summer for about 3 months and I got pretty good if I do say so myself =). I quit when school started because I didn't have time and we still haven't used up all our couponing goodies. The only suggestion I have is don't go crazy. There is no reason you need 40 bottles of mustard, even if they are cheap or even free, unless of course you're going to donate them. Have fun!

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

Please share what you know, I keep wanting to coupon and it scares me!

John and Anna said...

Well, I read it and love it! :) And can't wait to see your tips and tricks for couponing. I've always wanted to be good at it but am really lacking right now.