Wednesday, June 8, 2011

House plan





Yesterday we made a few phone calls and went out to the development to look at the lots and walk through house plans. It was very helpful. Both Cody and I changed our minds many times after seeing the floor plans in person, but have come to a conclusion that we feel really good about.

(Cody and Annalisa on our empty lot)

The lot is North-facing, the second one from the end (not a corner). The street we are on is quiet, and of course we are in the middle of this housing development--so everyone around us is or has done the same building program as us. There are lots of young families with kids our age--several of whom we already know. A nice, brand new elementary school is just around the corner, along with a new church building. Two blocks over is a big park.

And now the moment you've all been waiting for: what house plan will we pick? drumroll please....

Twilight! (remember that the basement is unfinished. All we will have down there are load bearing walls and roughed in plumbing.)
After we walked through the houses, Cody and I talked over every little detail. We prayed. Then we thought about it privately for a few minutes, and I finally said, "On three we say the name of the one we want, okay? One, two, three--" and we both definitively said, "Twilight." And that was that. I like the kitchen in Twilight and the living room. The master bedroom and the bathrooms are both bigger. The closets are divine, and there is wood flooring in the halls. But most importantly, it feels right and is what we want.

3 comments:

John and Anna said...

The plans look so great! I'm really excited for you and your family. I hope you love every bit of it! :) Good luck over the next few months. I'm excited to read all the building updates. :)

Kati said...

I am really excited for you guys!! YAY!! A new house with potential to grow. Amazing!

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

Oh yay! That was my favorite. I think you'll be glad a few years down the road to be separated from your kids. And, I love the open-ness of the great room and kitchen in the middle.