Friday, July 1, 2011

Patriotic bows and other useless information


I've been pondering for a while on how to make some type of patriotic/Independence Day hair bow for my girls. I thought about stars, fireworks... finally I just pulled out my ribbon, located all the red, white, and blue I could find, and tried some things. I made Katie's bow first, trying to do stars. While they do have five points, the angles are a little soft and abstract, and so I decided it is a cute bow--but too much work and not "Star" enough. So for Anna, I just made a big ribbon burst pattern. Easy enough. Maybe next year I'll attempt something else. For now, I think they're super cute and I didn't even go buy new ribbons for it. My next bow goal is going to be rainbows, and I still really want to get bumble bees done sometime. I have a notion to maybe sell the rainbows and donate the proceeds to the Minot flood relief. Get it? Rainbow after the storm? anyway. Just a thought.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

love the bows! and Annalisa's hair actually looks all modern and trendy pushed to the side like that maybe she will grow up to be a hair stylist

Krista said...

I will buy a bow (preferably a 6-9 month old head band) to help Minot :)

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

I like your thoughts, and the bows.

Raychel said...

I can't believe how big Anna is getting! And Katie too.