Friday, October 28, 2011

Sometimes

Sometimes we all have a bad week.

Our hair looks funny.
Our kid gets in trouble.
We stub our toe.
We get a scratchy throat.
Something comes out totally wrong.
Someone gets mad at you for no good reason.
We run out of chocolate.
There wasn't a new episode of Glee OR CSI.
The furnace doesn't work right.
We can't sleep, even though we're tired.

And for one reason or another, we just can't get out of this bad rut. All we want to do is run away from it all or go cry. Probably both.

Sometimes it just happens.

And that's okay. It is part of being human. We should all make peace with the fact that there are bad weeks out there. I need to make peace with my bad week as well. It will get better, but not if I continue to dwell on the bad things that have happened. They're over now, and they're so menial in the long run.

Alright. Time to shake it off and step up. And maybe go reload my pantry with chocolate. :)

2 comments:

John and Anna said...

I'm sorry that you had a bad week Lisa, but even with that bad week you are so optimistic and positive. I love that about you! Here's to a better week!

I also am loving the updates about your house. I'm so excited for you guys.

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

I hope your furnace is running right soon! How about a fun Sunday dinner tomorrow? We bought some pumpkins that need carving. . .