Saturday, December 17, 2011

Holiday Baking

Since moving out of the old house, I feel kind of like I'm double timing Christmas. Which is actually a very good thing, because it means I'm really enjoying myself! I've been indulging in all kind of holiday baking--keep in mind that I usually enjoy the baking more than the goodies themselves. There's just something about the smells and the warm stove, and the memories and all the nuts and chocolate... At any rate, the baking itself is not a chore for me. Just lucky I guess. ;)

So here's our holiday treat lineup:

Famous "F" Fudge
Aunt Bev's Peanut Butter Cups
"Yule Logs" (which I invented last year: pretzel rods dipped in caramel, dipped in chocolate, and drizzled with white chocolate and sometimes rolled in nuts)
Peanut Brittle (my first time this year!)
Caramel Cashew Popcorn
Toffee Balls
Peanut Busters
"Christmas Punch" (our own version of spiced cider with cranberries)
Homemade caramels dipped in chocolate
Chocolate dipped Cherries
Cheeseball and crackers
Mrs. C's Star Cookies

Have I made you drool yet? ;)

1 comment:

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

Yup, think I'll go in and eat something.