Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A song for 10 months

The Greatest Gug-Gug-Things
(To the tune of "My Favorite Things")

Standing and crawling and bathtime and Mommy,
Broncos with Daddy and even more Mommy,
Humidifiers with an Elephant nose,
Are things I love--as everyone knows!

Small, noisy toys that I steal from my Brother
Quality time that I spend with my Mother
Quick little naps that I take on mom's lap,
All make me happiest-happy-hap-hap
(Hey, YOU try to come up with a rhyming word for lap that means "happy!")

When I bonk my nose, or I'm just too tired,
Then I'm feeling sad.
but give me a few of my favorite things--
and then I won't feel so bad!


Mac and Cheese and blueberry puffies,
Sippies of water and no-nosie-stuffies,
Licking Gramp's glasses and pulling dad's hair--
All make me feel like I haven't a care!

Grabbing whatever mom has in her hands,
Banging the cupboard with Grandma's nice pans,
Slobber and kisses and playing peek-a-boo,
These things will make me so happy too!

Sticking my tongue out and playing stark naked
getting my toy back when Annalisa takes it,
Crawling on mom's bed with no diaper on--
Just do these great things and you'll ne'er go wrong!

When my diaper's full, or my mommy's gone,
Then I'm feeling sad--
Just let me go do all my favorite things,
And then I won't feel so bad!

4 comments:

Laurie/Mom/Grandma said...

Agreed, but you'd be amazed at how happy she is when Mom's gone and she knows she can't do anything about it.

John and Anna said...

Love it! She's adorable and getting so big, and I'm amazed at your vast talents again! :)

Sara said...

Very nice. :) Cute song.

Granny D Fifield said...

Ever so clever! A real keeper!