Monday, April 2, 2012

Pinterest to the Rescue!

Yes, friends, I too have fallen victim to the idea monster that is Pinterest.  This weekend was filled with projects I gleaned from hours of perusing the little boxes on that fabulous site. 

On Friday night, I helped host a baby shower for my little sister Sara.  (She's due in May--yipee!)  We held a "Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice" themed shower.  I had plain white bibs that we decorated using iron-on letters, then for our treats we had cinnamon rolls (sugar and spice, of course!) and fruit and lime punch.  Party favors were little jars of Sugar and Spice body scrub, which I found the recipe for on--you guessed it--Pinterest.  It was such a fun night!

Then yesterday, April Fool's day, we did our family's silly tradition of a backwards dinner (dinner looks like dinner but tastes like dessert, and dessert looks like dessert but tastes like dinner).  Most of our ideas this year came from Pinterest.  Lee had so much fun laughing and giggling about the things he was eating.  Annalisa popped a "meatball" in her mouth, made a face, and then said, "That tastes like brownies!"  It was so cute.  My mom put up pictures of the dinner on her blog.

So anyway, that's been our weekend, along with (of course) fabulous General Conference.  It's been a good time!

1 comment:

Levi and Kami's Blog said...

Super fun! I love all the pictures of the house!!!!! Can't wait to see it in person!!!! YIPEE!!