Sunday, July 15, 2012

Katie at 16 months

After her first year, I haven't been tracking her growth and progress quite as steadily, but Katie is developing so quickly and cute!  Her first word was "Daddy," which she said after Alisa's wedding.  Now just about every morning when she first sees Cody, (usually during breakfast) she'll call out "Daddy!"  The only other word she says with perfect clarity and comprehension is "No."  Example: last night we had a family treat of pumpkin pie.  I was feeding Katie bites of mine, and after giving her about six bites in a row I started to take the fork to my own mouth when Katie yelled, "NO!"  and then opened her own mouth super big, awaiting her bite. So hilarious, Cody and I were both in stitches.


Apparently nobody said "Say cheese."
Despite her first word being "Daddy," Katie's really a momma's girl.  She love giving me hugs and running to me when I call her... you know, when she wants to.  She loves it when I hold her, and the majority of the time I do too.  I know that within a few more short months, she'll probably outgrow her cuddles and then I will be really sad.  I have to force my older kids to give me hugs goodnight, so I'll take the lovey baby.  She loves her hugs, but she's also very independent.  Her favorite is to run to me, give me a hug, then run off to go back to doing something else.  She is very active and despises being forced to sit still, meaning that Cody and I are becoming increasingly familiar with the halls of the church. :)


One fantastic thing is that Katie usually still takes two naps a day--one at 10 AM and one at 2 PM, on the button.  Then she goes to bed at 8:30 PM, and still wakes up (usually) once at about 10 PM and then sleeps the rest of the nights until about 7:30 AM.  Occasionally she will wake up at about 1:00 AM and those nights are rough.  Of course I can't really complain--it's just once a night, but after over a year of sleep deprivation, I'd like her to just sleep through the night.  :/ Oh well, I love her guts.  I'll get up with her once a night.

Katie is such a ham!   She loves doing things to get a laugh, like fake sneezing, whacking you and then kissing it better, dancing, and playing peek-a-boo around door frames.  She is a pleasure to have in our home and we love her to pieces!


2 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh my goodness those cheeks are so delightfully sweet! I just want to smooch them right up!!

Granny D Fifield said...

Katie will love reading this in a few years. Well done!