Tuesday, August 14, 2012

2 weeks

Wow, it's been two weeks since I last posted.  I think that's got to be the longest break I've ever taken from blogging.  But I suppose I don't really care; nobody mentioned a thing while I was away!  Maybe my readership isn't quite as broad as I once imagined. ;)  Anyway, I also wish I could say it was a really busy two weeks or that I was gone, but the truth is I've just been lazy the last few weeks. 

But I do have some catching up to do for my journal purposes.  So here goes.

 Our gable vents were getting pretty infested with wasps, so Cody went on a killing spree.  In a weekend, we went through an entire bottle of wasp spray, and then the next morning he removed the vent covers and took down the nests.  Amazingly, he didn't get stung.  Not even once!  After killing the nests and taking down the dead ones, we loaded up each vent with bug barrier, but they're still trying to build new nests up there.  Sheesh, don't these little buggers ever give up?  I want to organize a neighborhood wasp killing day and encourage everyone around us to spray all on the same day.  Maybe if we reduce their population enough, they'll have a hard time building it back up?  Wishful thinking, I suppose.
Mister Lee lost a front tooth!  See his red puffy eyes?  He was pretty worried it was really going to hurt, but it wasn't too bad.  The worst part was getting him to hold still so we could help him get the tooth out.  Now he's proudly showing off both the hole in his mouth and his crisp new dollar bill from the tooth fairy. 
Zooming back a few weeks, Cody and I got the date of a decade and went to go see Wicked!  I don't think I ever put up pictures.  We went to a nice restaurant and then to the musical and enjoyed a whole blissful night kid-free, thanks to my wonderful mom and dad.

None of the other pictures are working today.  I just got a big error from blogger saying that certain photos aren't working, so that's all you get for now with pictures.  We also had a campout at the family ranch with Cody's family reunion, and the kids even got to help daddy hand fish for trout (they got a nice 15 inch-er which was enjoyed for breakfast).  Work continues in our yard and house as we continue to get settled and set up.  We bought two four-year-old Northern Red Oak trees for our back yard and planted them in line with our windows--yay!  No more naked neighbors to see!  :)  They are beautiful.  My little tiny patch of basil--the only edible thing I've grown this year--got huge and was doing so well that I cut it back and made 10 batches of basil pesto, which I'm already looking forward to in the winter with some pasta and roasted chicken... mmm.  We watched the Olympics, and I made dinners to match.  We ended up eating British, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish (from Spain, not Mexico), French, Thai, Indian, and of course good ol' American (Burgers on the day that Michael Phelps broke the all-time record for most decorated Olympian).  Then, we got a new game for the Wii (Lego Harry Potter), and have been enjoying the air conditioning as it's been very hot outside.  I have found a walking buddy, but sometimes I wonder if it is worth it when the kids are naughty while I'm gone (even though Daddy is home).  I enjoy my morning walks, I really do... but I constantly feel guilty for taking any time to myself.  Cody has been getting up extra extra early so he can go for a jog before work.  On Sunday at church he announced "We're running before work at about 5:30 every morning.  Just meet here and we'll run for about 20 minutes."  Then someone asked, "Who's 'we'?"  and Cody mumbled, "Well, me."  Everyone laughed.  But he really likes his little workouts and how much energy they give him for the day. 

I wish I could promise that I won't take another break from blogging now, but we are coming into a very big vacation week.  I'll try my best, though.  I'd LOVE to see some of you blog too, you know.  Have a great day!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I read your blog! I really really do! Although, I probably won't read it next week, seeing as I probably won't be on the computer much. :)

Kristin said...

I won't read it next week either, but other than that I do. We found that wasps getin the siding of our house and hide. The best thing we found was professionals with a good guarantee, sometimes if you have a bunch of houses they do great discounts.

John and Anna said...

I thought I'd been missing out on posts from you!!! I'm always checkin' in! :) Just love your cute family! :)

Laurie Fifield said...

I missed you too. Looked every day. And about wasps, the professionals help, but I think the traps in the spring really helped too. Don't EVER feel guilty about doing something for yourself. Keep up that walking. Take the kids and make them ride their bikes with you if that's what's necessary. You deserve that walk and it will make you feel so much better each day! (OK, off my soapbox now.)