Monday, August 27, 2012

F-family Reunion

We just got back from a week long reunion in Park City, Utah area.  So fun!  My mom did a really great post about it, so I'll mostly direct you over to her blog, but here's a few of the pictures from my camera that she didn't necessarily highlight, or things that I want to brag about a little more:

Since there were eight kids under the age of six at this reunion, and we live the closest to the reunion location of any of my siblings (except the one with the teensy baby), I took on the duty of kid entertainment.  I brought some dvd's and some toys and some projects for the kids to do.  When I found a package of 6 decorate-your-own drift cars on the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby, I just had to go for it, and boy I'm glad I did!  The kids had a blast painting their cars and plastering them with stickers, but it was even better to play with them the rest of the week.  Each child had their own except for the two youngest babies, and they were just the right size for kid hands.  Some cars were fast and others did tricks, and I don't think my nephew Bryan (in the striped shirt above) put his down for more than an hour all week.
Are you ready for a challenge?  I challenged my brother and brother-in-law--the engineers of the family--to do this kid's 100 piece Spider-man puzzle completely upside-down.  So, they did!  We got it done in 45 minutes with 4 people's help (Matthew, Eric, my dad, and myself).  We made it a method of testing each piece on itself instead of trying to look to see where they went.  Yes, we are nuts.



Rib faces!!  Of course, the highlights of the day were usually mealtimes, when we ate some amazing food and chatted and hung out together.  Our menu:
Saturday night: Pad Thai
Sunday: Eggs benedict for breakfast, then roast beef and mashed potatoes for dinner, and raspberry angel food cake for dessert
Monday: Gluten-Free Crepes with raspberries, peaches, whipped cream, and vanilla curd for breakfast, Dinner of Chicken Taco Rice with homegrown tomatoes and cucumbers; ice cream sundaes for dessert
Tuesday (my day to cook): Breakfast casserole with hashbrowns and ham; dinner of Ribs, corn on the cob, and sweet potato fries and my "award-winning" Peanut Butter Cream pie for dessert... and popcorn.
Wednesday: Simple breakfast, huge lunch out, and a bellyache for dinner. ;)
Thursday: Breakfast burritos, lunch out at Mickey D's (for our family), Dinner of lasagna and garlic toast
Friday: Ebleskivers for breakfast, BLT's for lunch, and clean-out-the-fridge for dinner. 

On Thursday we went to the Olympic Park and watched some ski jumpers in training... can you find the jumper in the air?
 Feel the Rhythm, feel the rhyme...

We had to test out a little of our own ski jumping skills of course. We couldn't quite convince my dad to do the ski jumping lessons they were offering. bummer.

There was so much more I didn't take pictures of on my phone, but maybe I'll save that for another post.  It was a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Laurie Fifield said...

I'm glad you posted because you had some pictures I was missing. Your kid activities were amazing.

Granny D Fifield said...

Great addition Such precious memories!