Sunday, September 23, 2012

An Anna cute-ism

After just sharing a couple of cute Katie and Lee stories, I have a great Anna story today, and since it's too long to be a "Quote of the Day" on my Facebook account, you get it here on my blog!

Today was the Brigham City Temple dedication and we'd arranged for my cousin to babysit while Cody and I went.  This morning, I went and snuggled with Anna in her bed as she was waking up and I told her about the day's events; what we'd have for breakfast, and how we'd go play with cousin Noah while just mom and dad went to the church for the special dedication.  I helped her remember going to the open house and what the temple looked like, and I also reminded her of when daddy had dedicated our house after we moved in, and tried to explain to her that after the dedication it will be more than just a pretty building--it will be the House of God.  She was pretty enthralled by all that, but then she started putting things together and asked me, "Mommy, is OUR house the house of God?"  I carefully replied, "Yes, when we do good things, it allows God and His Spirit to reside in our home."  She thought about it for a second, and said with a lot of concern, "Well, sometimes we're just REALLY noisy in our house!  And that's very bad." 

She's so clever.  I laughed with her for a minute, and said it was okay to play music and laugh and play in our house, but that we should still treat our home with respect and love, just like the temple.  I just love her sweet spirit and the things she thinks up. What a funny girl!


(And at this very moment, Lee is trying to convince us to go on a date, just Cody and I, to California, because he knows how to brush his teeth and eat cereal and pick up his clothes from his bedroom, so obviously he knows how to do everything and take care of his sisters for a few days...)

1 comment:

Laurie Fifield said...

Give Lee a few more years, and you'll be able to do just that. Cute Anna, great story.