Saturday, September 22, 2012

Daddy! and other cute words

Katie is our little entertainer.  She just loves getting a laugh out of people!  This morning Cody is working some overtime (which makes it his eighth day in a row of working) and Katie woke up an yelled from her bed, "Daddy!  Daddy!  Waah, eet, GO! [ready, set, go!]"  As I type this, she's climbing and standing on me so she can reach the blinds cords behind me and open the window.  She's learning a few words a week now, but babbles the rest of the time.  But her best words of all are for sure "Daddy," and then Go, bye bye, 'Men [Amen], and No. 

Meanwhile, our other two kids are growing up fast as well.  Lee started riding his bike to school by himself this week.  It was almost as tough on me as the first week of school.  I had to kind of yell at him, though, because he kept insisting that his helmet was a stop sign and would stop any cars coming when he got to the crosswalks.  When he thinks something, he'll get completely set on it and refuses to listen to anything else, yelling "wait! wait!" at me until he gets to say his piece.  This time, when his safety is at risk, I finally got down to his level and had to pull out the old "NO! I'm older, so listen to ME" card.  Like I said, he's growing up way too fast.  He's becoming so independent and already thinks he knows everything.  In our piano lesson yesterday, he told me that he already knew how to play the piano, thankyouverymuch.  But he's still a total sweetheart, and he loves listening to stories and telling them back, and has become such a huge helper for me.  Just the other day he told me he needed a new baby brother.  *forehead smack* When I told him that if we were to have another child, we wouldn't get to pick the gender; we'd just have to take what Heavenly Father sends.  The solution was clear: he would just have to pray about it.  So he did right then and there: "Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, thank you for a new baby, but make sure it's a boy, a real boy, because babies look all the same and they all wear diapers, so make sure it's a real boy.  I'm serious.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."

And Annalisa? Oh, she makes us laugh every day as well!  She works so hard to choose the exact right words when she speaks, and is a fabulous little artist.  She's learned how to ride her new bike very well, although she prefers to go slow.  Grandma and Grandpa got a little basket for the front of her bike and she always carries around her pompoms and her Rapunzel Barbie in it as she pedals up and down the street.  Cody keeps teasing me because the day after Anna's birthday I made homemade bread.  While it was kneading in the Bosch, Anna asked me what I was making, but I was in kind of an off mood and said, "what do you think?" instead of just saying bread.  I could tell she replied, but I couldn't quite hear what it was over the noise of the mixer... I thought she was asking if I was making dinner or something, so I replied, "Yep!" and she was very excited.  Apparently, she'd asked, "Are you making cupcakes for my birthday again?"  ... ... oops. :)

So anyway, we're doing well; growing, working, loving life.  And now, I'd better go make breakfast before another kid tries to pour themselves a bowl of cereal and dumps it all over the floor.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh Lee!! "I'm serious..." bahaha!

Sara said...

Funny Lee! Eric and I both laughed on that one. :) So, did you make more cupcakes for Anna? ;)

Granny D Fifield said...

Great to have you back on. Your family is growing so fast. Love you.

Laurie Fifield said...

I laughed out loud at Lee's prayer. Better watch out when a child starts praying for something like that.