Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkin Extravaganza!

One awesome thing about having a Kindergartener?  Going on field trips with them!



I was really excited when Lee's Kindergarten teacher asked me if I would come as a chaperone on their field trip to the annual pumpkin walk.  I asked if I could bring my girls, and she said that would be fine, as long as we drove ourselves.  Since Cody got off work early enough, we decided to go as a family and meet Lee's class there. 

It ended up working really well.  We got there a few minutes before the bus arrived, so we snapped a few pictures and then were able to help the kids unload and line up.  As we walked through the pumpkin displays, Lee's teacher was at front, Anna and I were in the middle of the line, and Cody and Katie (in the stroller) took up the caboose.  All the kids were very well behaved and had a great time.  I think Anna had one of her proudest moments when I asked the students if she could walk in line with them, simply to make it easier on me... but she got to march along behind her brother just like she was in Kindergarten too.  She had a huge smile on her face the whole time.  I'm now looking forward to the other fun things I'll get to do with Lee's class this year!

1 comment:

Laurie Fifield said...

What a fun day! Where is this pumpkin patch?